Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a government-backed pension scheme in India for workers in the unorganized sector. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 9 May 2015.
|Scheme Name||Atal Pension Yojana|
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Ministry||Ministry of Finance|
|Key People||Piyush Goyal (Former Minister of Finance)|
|Launched||May 9, 2015|
The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a Government of India backed pension scheme for the unorganised sector in India. The scheme is open for all citizens of India between the age of 18 and 40 years.
The scheme is aimed at providing a guaranteed pension to the subscribers of the scheme upon attaining the age of 60 years.
The pension amount is guaranteed by the government and is based on the subscriber’s contribution and the period of contribution. The scheme also provides for a co-contributory option for the spouse.
How to Apply for Atal Pension Yojana Scheme
To apply for the Atal Pension Yojana scheme, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) at https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/
- Click on the “Atal Pension Yojana” link on the homepage.
- Read through the scheme details, terms and conditions, and FAQs to ensure that you are eligible for the scheme.
- Click on the “APY Enrollment” link to begin the registration process.
- Fill in the online application form with the required personal and financial details.
- Upload the necessary documents such as a copy of your Aadhaar card, PAN card, and bank account details.
- Submit the application form and pay the subscription fee through the available payment options.
- Once your application is processed and approved, you will receive an APY account number, which you can use to track the status of your application and make future transactions.